How it works
- About us
- How it works
- Become a partner organisation
- Become a Donor
- DONATE events
- Case studies
- Knowledge Hub
- Who we are
- Contact us
- Close menu
THE NATIONAL FUNDING SCHEME PROVIDES
· Collection and disbursement of donations and associated Gift Aid
· Unique campaign codes for your text and web pages
· Templates to create posters, banners, flyers etc.
· Brand guidelines
· Information and contact details relating to the donor (subject to donor permissions)
· Use of the donations Totalizer screen to be used at fundraising dinners, galas, auctions etc.
· Access to related insights, infographics, case studies and advice
Participating organisations do not need to be charities but they must demonstrate their charitable purpose either through proving their charitable status or demonstrating a charitable purpose to our Trustees. To find out whether your organisation is eligible read Guide to What Purposes can be Charitable.
As part of our due diligence all organisations will be asked to complete an annual return identifying the charitable purpose to which funds have been applied.
If you are not a charity (or an exempt charity), and in specific circumstances, we may ask you to agree to a personal guarantee confirming that any donated funds will be returned to us should funds not be applied to the agreed charitable purpose.
ARE YOU A DONOR?
DONATE provides you with a way to donate and support charitable causes and campaigns through a wide number of routes (SMS, debit or credit card and Paypal)
Your donation is to the National Funding Scheme and indicates a specific cause in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
The NFS takes a share of any eligible Gift Aid (see Fees) or a small charge to the donation when no Gift Aid is applied. All charges enable the NFS to cover marketing, related administration costs and credit/ debit card transaction charges as well as to continue to roll out the technology to other organisations free of charge.
Text charges will be as per your standard network plan and will appear on your phone bill.
Donations via web channel will appear on .
- You can give either through the website or through a mobile phone
- Cultural organisations will be displaying signs identifying individual causes and campaigns that need your support
- For each cause/campaign there is a unique code which you must use when identifying a cause
- This unique code is either:
- entered into a text message and sent to 70970 to donate £5
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by scanning the QR code or
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by touching the NFC chip with an enabled device
You may Gift Aid your donation both to increase your donation and, if you are a higher rate taxpayer, you may be entitled to a personal tax rebate of up to 31.25% of your donation.*
Remember, you do not need to be registered with DONATE to make a donation but, if you are, we can calculate any higher rate tax relief that may be due to you. Registering also allows your registration details (but not your debit/credit card details) to be securely held, so that donating is easier next time. If you register a debit or credit card it is held securely by our payment provider (Barclaycard) and cannot be accessed by the National Funding Scheme.
* If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your gift can be increased by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme and you may be entitled to a personal tax refund. Please refer to the Government's Gift Aid scheme.