How it works
- About us
- How it works
- Get involved
- Become a partner organisation
- Culture Juice
- Press enquiries
- Contact us
- Close menu
I am a donor
DONATE provides you with a way to donate and support cultural causes and campaigns through a wide number of routes (SMS, debit or credit card and Paypal)... Read more
Your donations are to the National Funding Scheme and are passed on according to our Terms and Conditions. The receiving organisation is charged 4% by the National Funding Scheme to cover its costs. Any third party charges are also passed on at cost to the organisation.
- You can give either through the website or through a mobile phone
- Cultural organisations will be displaying signs identifying individual causes and campaigns that need your support
- For each cause/campaign there is a unique code which you must use when identifying a cause
- This unique code is either:
- entered into a text message and, with your donation amount, texted to 70970 or
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by scanning the QR code or
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by touching the NFC chip with an enabled device
You may Gift Aid your donation both to increase your donation and, if you are a higher rate taxpayer, you may be entitled to a personal tax rebate of up to 31.25% of your donation.*
Remember, you do not need to be registered with DONATE to make a donation but, if you are, we can calculate any higher rate tax relief that may be due to you. Registering also allows your registration details (but not your debit/credit card details) to be securely held, so that donating is easier next time. If you register a debit or credit card it is held securely by our payment provider (Barclaycard) and cannot be accessed by the National Funding Scheme.
* If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your gift can be increased by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme and you may be entitled to a personal tax refund. Please refer to the Government's Gift Aid scheme.
I represent a cultural institution**
DONATE from the National Funding Scheme enables visitors to your organisation** (or visits to our website) to make donations through the marketing of your specific causes/campaigns... Read more
The National Funding Scheme provides you with:
- Templates to create signage
- Brand guidelines
- Unique codes for your causes/campaigns
- Collection and disbursement of donations and any associated Gift Aid
- Information relating to the donor (subject to donor permissions)
- Access to Culture Juice (our knowledge bank) and its related insights and advice
Following a successful Pathfinder phase from March to September 2013, DONATE is now available nationally. Please register your interest so we may contact you.
** Participating venues must either be a charity, a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), a Community Interest Company (CIC) or a charity exempt from registration under the England and Wales Charities Act of 1993, or registered with the Scottish or Northern Irish charity regulatory bodies.
DONATE in situ at the Holburne Museum, Bath, England