How it works
- About us
- How it works
- Live fundraising
- Get involved
- Become a partner organisation
- Culture Juice
- Press enquiries
- Contact us
- Close menu
Download our full guide to DONATE here.
Click here for the steps to success using DONATE.
DONATE has been made FREE to participating charities. Click here to read on.
The National Funding Scheme provides you with:
- Templates to create signage
- Brand guidelines
- Unique codes for your causes/campaigns
- Collection and disbursement of donations and any associated Gift Aid
- Information relating to the donor (subject to donor permissions)
- Access to Culture Juice (our knowledge bank) and its related insights and advice
** Participating venues must either be a charity or a charity exempt from registration under the England and Wales Charities Act of 1993, or reigstered with the Scottish or Northern Irish charity regulatory bodies
I AM A DONOR
DONATE provides you with a way to donate and support cultural causes and campaigns through a wide number of routes (SMS, debit or credit card and Paypal)... Read more
Your donation is to the National Funding Scheme and indicates a specific cause in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. The receiving organisation is charged a minority share of the Gift Aid (45%) or 2.5% on the donation where no Gift Aid has been added. This fee is used to cover advertising and transaction services. Text charges will be as per your standard network plan.
- You can give either through the website or through a mobile phone
- Cultural organisations will be displaying signs identifying individual causes and campaigns that need your support
- For each cause/campaign there is a unique code which you must use when identifying a cause
- This unique code is either:
- entered into a text message and sent to 70970 to donate £5
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by scanning the QR code or
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by touching the NFC chip with an enabled device
You may Gift Aid your donation both to increase your donation and, if you are a higher rate taxpayer, you may be entitled to a personal tax rebate of up to 31.25% of your donation.*
Remember, you do not need to be registered with DONATE to make a donation but, if you are, we can calculate any higher rate tax relief that may be due to you. Registering also allows your registration details (but not your debit/credit card details) to be securely held, so that donating is easier next time. If you register a debit or credit card it is held securely by our payment provider (Barclaycard) and cannot be accessed by the National Funding Scheme.
* If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your gift can be increased by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme and you may be entitled to a personal tax refund. Please refer to the Government's Gift Aid scheme.