How it works
- About us
- How it works
- DONATE events
- Get involved
- Become a partner organisation
- Culture Juice
- Press enquiries
- Contact us
- Close menu
Download our full guide to DONATE here.
Click here for Tool Kit 1: Getting Set Up
Click here for Tool Kit 2: Promoting Your Campaign
DONATE has been made FREE to participating charities. Click here to read on.
The National Funding Scheme provides you with:
- Templates to create signage
- Brand guidelines
- Unique codes for your causes/campaigns
- Collection and disbursement of donations and any associated Gift Aid
- Information relating to the donor (subject to donor permissions)
- Access to Culture Juice (our knowledge bank) and its related insights and advice
** Participating venues must either be a charity or a charity exempt from registration under the England and Wales Charities Act of 1993, or reigstered with the Scottish or Northern Irish charity regulatory bodies
I AM A DONOR
DONATE provides you with a way to donate and support cultural causes and campaigns through a wide number of routes (SMS, debit or credit card and Paypal)... Read more
Your donation is to the National Funding Scheme and indicates a specific cause in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. The receiving organisation is charged a minority share of the Gift Aid (45%) or 2.5% on the donation where no Gift Aid has been added. This fee is used to cover advertising and transaction services. Text charges will be as per your standard network plan.
- You can give either through the website or through a mobile phone
- Cultural organisations will be displaying signs identifying individual causes and campaigns that need your support
- For each cause/campaign there is a unique code which you must use when identifying a cause
- This unique code is either:
- entered into a text message and sent to 70970 to donate £5
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by scanning the QR code or
- dynamically found by your phone/tablet by touching the NFC chip with an enabled device
You may Gift Aid your donation both to increase your donation and, if you are a higher rate taxpayer, you may be entitled to a personal tax rebate of up to 31.25% of your donation.*
Remember, you do not need to be registered with DONATE to make a donation but, if you are, we can calculate any higher rate tax relief that may be due to you. Registering also allows your registration details (but not your debit/credit card details) to be securely held, so that donating is easier next time. If you register a debit or credit card it is held securely by our payment provider (Barclaycard) and cannot be accessed by the National Funding Scheme.
* If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your gift can be increased by 25% under the Gift Aid scheme and you may be entitled to a personal tax refund. Please refer to the Government's Gift Aid scheme.