a) All UK registered charities, excepted charities and exempted charities can use DONATE™. Please go here to start your application.
b) Religious bodies, CASCs, land trusts, CICs, CIOs, and other incorporated bodies, that are not charities but meet one of the range of charitable objectives below can register with DONATE™ subject to our agreement.
- The advancement of education for the public benefit
- The advancement of culture, art and heritage, including (but not limited to) music, the performance arts, the dramatic arts and literature, for the public benefit
- The relief of unemployment for the public benefit
- The relief of poverty for the public benefit
- The provision of facilities and/or services in the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities and services by reason of their youth, age, or social and/or economic circumstances, with the object of improving their conditions of life and promoting social and community cohesion, for the public benefit
Please go here to start your application.
c) Unincorporated charitable associations can join DONATE™. Please refer to the Charity Commission rules here: https://www.gov.uk/setting-up-charity/structures. You may also find this link useful when creating a constitution: https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/hidden-information/routemap26a/
When joining DONATE™ you need to register as a non-charity.
d) Individuals bodies cannot register with DONATE™. Instead, you will need to find a permitted body to accept the donations and distribute them according to your intent.
e) Overseas and UK organisations who do not meet one of the above charitable causes may be able to use DONATE™ subject to our agreement. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org