Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to The National Funding Scheme (NFS). We are a registered charity, details of which are given at the end of these Terms and Conditions. In these Terms and Conditions the words and phrases shown in the glossary at the end have the meanings shown in the glossary.
By using our Website, creating or using an Account or making a donation to the Scheme, you must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions in full, but if you would like a summary we think the most important points for you are:
- You must be over 16 or have parental consent to view or use the Website or participate in the Scheme or create an Account.
- Any Donation you make as part of this Scheme is to us, the National Funding Scheme (a registered charity). Subject to these Terms and Conditions we will pass your Donation and any Gift Aid to your identified Recipient Charity, except in exceptional circumstances.
- Although you may have made your Donation in response to a specific cause of a Recipient Charity, and in order to avoid creating restricted funds for the Recipient Charity, if we pass your Donation and any Gift Aid on, the Recipient Charity is not bound to only use the Donation/Gift Aid for that cause. It may use this for its other charitable activities.
- The Recipient Charities are independent from us, and although we have agreements in place with each Recipient Charity, we can accept no liability for the misuse of your Donations by Recipient Charities.
- We charge the Recipient Charities Our Fee of 4% on any of your Donations/Gift Aid pass to them.
- We pass on at cost any Payment Channel Fees relating to your Donation(s) to the Recipient Charities.
Website Terms and Conditions
Your use of the Website
Except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you may not alter the Website or Software in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the Website or our Software.
You agree that we may at any time and without prior notice to you replace or amend these Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of this Website after amendments are made means you accept the Terms and Conditions as updated. You should therefore visit this page regularly to review the Terms and Conditions.
You must be over 16 or have parental consent to view or use the Website, create an Account and participate in the Scheme/make Donations.
You must keep secret any password you have and not let any other person or organisation use it. You must notify us immediately of any suspected misuse of your password. We strongly advise that you change your password regularly.
We cannot guarantee that the information contained on the Website is accurate, verified or complete. NFS accepts no liability if you or any person or organisation relies on or uses the information.
We do not guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Website or your use of it will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is suitable to use the Website.
Our use of your information
You agree that any information you provide to us is true and accurate when using the Website or participating in the Scheme.
The content of the Website is owned by us, the Recipient Charities or third parties. No content from the Website may be copied, used or reproduced without our written consent. Please send your written requests to use content from the Website to: help at nationalfundingscheme.org
When you access any other website through the Website (including Recipient Charity websites) you understand that it is independent from NFS and that we have no control over other websites or the services offered through them.
Donor Terms and Conditions
Any Donation you make as part of the Scheme (through any of the available payment channels) is a donation to us, the NFS, a registered charity. The Scheme does not allow you to make Donations directly to Recipient Charities.
You will make your Donation in relation to a specific Recipient Charity and we aim to pass your Donation on to the Recipient Charity with any Gift Aid we have reclaimed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. However, in exceptional circumstances where we have concerns about the Recipient Charity, its financial position or its use of charitable funds, we are entitled without notice to you to withhold or ask for a refund of your Donation/Gift Aid and pass this to one or more other Recipient Charities to use in furtherance of their charitable activities. We need to have this level of scrutiny and control over the Donations/Gift Aid passed to Recipient Charities to ensure we are acting responsibly and appropriately as a registered charity.
We may also contact you to let you know this has happened or decide to refund your Donation/Gift Aid to you but we are under no obligation to do so.
Although your Donation(s) may be made in response to a specific cause of a Recipient Charity, and in order not to create restricted funds, the Recipient Charity may use your Donation (and any Gift Aid) for any purpose in furtherance of its charitable activities and is not bound to use your Donation (and any Gift Aid) for any specific cause. For example, if the Recipient Charity has already raised enough funds for the specific cause, it may want to use your Donation (and any Gift Aid) for other charitable projects.
Before making your Donation(s) to us or, in the case of text Donations (when you are not registered with us for Gift Aid), after making your Donation, we will invite you to make a Gift Aid declaration to increase your Donation in accordance with the Gift Aid Scheme.
If you make a valid Gift Aid declaration, we will then reclaim the Gift Aid from HMRC and will aim to pass this on to the Recipient Charity you identified subject to these Terms and Conditions. Please note, any Donations made under the Scheme are Donations to us, the NFS, and therefore any Gift Aid reclaimed is in the name of the NFS (a registered charity) and not the Recipient Charity.
For text Donations, after you have made your Donation we may subsequently send one receipt text to you with related links in it.
The Recipient Charities
The Scheme allows us to raise Donations and Gift Aid and then pass this to the Recipient Charity you identified when making your Donation. Every Recipient Charity has entered into an Affiliate Agreement with NFS under which the Recipient Charity agrees to use your Donation/Gift Aid in furtherance of its charitable activities.
The NFS has the right to withhold or ask for a refund of your Donation/Gift Aid from a Recipient Charity if it has valid concerns about how the Recipient Charity will use the Donation/Gift Aid. However, the NFS cannot guarantee it will be able to successfully claim back any of your Donations/Gift Aid paid to a Recipient Charity. (Also see the paragraph on Refunds below.)
The NFS is not responsible for any complaints, concerns or dissatisfaction you may have with a Recipient Charities activities or use of your Donation(s)/Gift Aid. Although we have the right to withhold or request a refund of your Donation(s)/Gift Aid in exceptional circumstances (as described above) we cannot provide any warranties about, or be responsible for, the conduct or use of your Donation(s)/Gift Aid by any Recipient Charities.
The NFS charges the Recipient Charities 4% on any Donation or Gift Aid passed to the Recipient Charity. This fee may be changed at any time by NFS in accordance with the Affiliation Agreement.
Payment Channel Costs
Any third party Payment Channel Fees (for example, Paypal, credit or debit card charges) are passed on at cost to the Recipient Charity. NFS has negotiated these Payment Channel Fees with the aim of keeping these as low as possible.
Text Donations will usually mean you will incur your standard text message fee. Please refer to your tariff for details of your standard text message fees.
- Any Donation made under the Scheme is final. However, if you can prove that unauthorised use of your debit or credit card has taken place, you should immediately notify your debit or credit card provider and it may be possible to arrange a refund.
- Where we have withheld or reclaimed back your Donation from a Recipient Charity (in the circumstances described above), we may either pass this to another Recipient Charity to use in furtherance of their charitable activities or refund this to you (at our sole discretion).
- Text Donations may be refunded in certain circumstances at the sole discretion of your mobile phone operator. For example, if you can quickly after making the Donation show the text was sent in error or without your consent, your mobile phone operator may decide to refund this. If you would like to request a text Donation refund, please contact your mobile phone operator.
- If Donations made via text or the Website have already been received by us (but not yet passed to any Recipient Charity) and you request a refund, we may decide to refund this to you at our sole discretion if you can prove the Donation was made in error or without your consent.
- If Donations made via text or the Website have already been passed by us to a Recipient Charity and you request a refund, we may decide to refund this to you bu will only refund this to you if the Recipient Charity is able to refund us or allow the amount to be deducted from subsequent funding passed to the Recipient Charity under the Scheme.
Our Liability to You
In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website or participation in the Scheme, we accept no liability. However, if for any reason we are liable to you, our liability will be limited to £100. (This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation).
We accept no responsibility for any misuse of your Donations/Gift Aid by a Recipient Charity. Any concerns or complaints regarding use by a Recipient Charity of your Donations/Gift Aid should be immediately reported to us at Donor Help and we will direct your concerns to the Recipient Charity (if appropriate)
We may terminate your rights under these Terms and Conditions, your use of the Website or any of our Software or your participation in the Scheme at any time without notice to you.
We may assign, transfer, or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions at any time.
If any term of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms shall continue to be valid.
These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website/participation in the Scheme are governed by English law and you are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Failure or delay by either party to enforce an obligation or exercise a right under these Terms and Conditions shall not be a waiver of that obligation or right.
These Terms and Conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
All contact or notices to be given in relation to these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website shall be given:
- to us via e-mail to help at nationalfundingscheme.org or to you via these Terms and Conditions or at the email address you provide when creating your Account (or later update).
- Notice will be deemed received when an e-mail is received in full. Notice is not deemed received where an out of office or undelivered message is received by the sender.
Account means any account you create when using the Website or participating in the Scheme, including a donor or affiliate account
Affiliation Agreement means the affiliation agreement entered into between the NFS and each Recipient Charity
Donation means any donation you make to us as part of the Scheme
Gift Aid means the percentage increase of your Donation(s) under the Gift Aid Scheme where you have elected to increase your Donation(s) by making a Gift Aid declaration
Gift Aid Scheme means the gift aid scheme administered by HMRC from time to time and under which UK tax payers may increase their donations to UK charities by a specified percentage (which may change from time to time)
NFS or us, our or we means The National Funding Scheme a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered company no: 8223187) and a registered charity (registered charity no: 1149800). Its registered office address is: 2-6 Cannon Street, London EC4M 6YH
Our Fees means the fee charged to the Recipient Charities on each Donation/Gift Aid passed to them in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the Affiliation Agreement
Payment Channel Fees means the third party payment channel fees on your Donations passed on to the Recipient Charities at cost
Recipient Charity means any UK registered charity that is part of the Scheme and is eligible to receive Donations and Gift Aid from us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
Software means the software used by us to run the Scheme
Scheme means the digital national funding scheme run by us, the NFS
Website means this website: www.nationalfundingscheme.org
If you would like to contact us: please email