The National Funding Scheme is a registered charity (details given at the bottom of this Policy). We are proud to run a national donation scheme to benefit registered charities in the UK (referred to in this Policy as the Scheme).
Preserving your privacy is vital to us and we want to let you know how we use your personal information.
This Policy explains how we use your information. If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want you to read this Policy in full, but if you don’t have time, here are the headlines:
- We collect personal information you give to us when you are participating in the Scheme
- We use that information to run the Scheme (including processing your donations) and creating/holding your account
- We may pass your personal information to third parties where necessary to administer the Scheme AND to our partner, Digital Information Giving (DIG), to create anonymised data about how donors give to charities
- The only other times we will pass your personal information to third parties is where you have consented to this
- If you contact us or donate to the Scheme, we may contact you to tell you about us or our activities. If you want us to stop contacting you, just email us or change your account settings.
We have set out how we use your personal information in more detail below:
Information we collect about you or you give to us
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Register with the National Funding Scheme and create an account
- Make a donation via any of our donation channels (at which point you will be automatically assigned an account & password where you will be able to manage your data permissions).
- Make a gift aid declaration when you make a donation
- Complete data fields on our website at www.nationalfundingscheme.org
- Request information from us
- Register for any of our mailing lists or events
- Contact us or we contact you through the Website, or any other channel
This personal information may include (but is not limited to):
- Your date of birth
- Your name (including your first name(s) and surname)
- Your email address
- Your account name
- Your password for your account
- Your home address and your postcode
- Your mobile phone number
- The amount you have donated via the Scheme (and other details about when and where you donated)
- The details you provide on any gift aid declaration you make (your home address, amount of donation and tax status) Your credit or debit card details when you make a donation
- Any other information you give us through the Website
How do we use this personal information?
We use the personal information you provide us to:
- Create your account and store information about the donations you have made
- Contact you to thank you for your donation(s)
- Contact you to tell you about our activities and the Scheme
- Process your donations
- Process your requests
- Respond to your questions or comments
- Maintain our organisational records
- Supply your information to charities and other organisations but only as described below
We or the organisation may display your name, value of gift and any data associated with your gift on either digital or non-digital media that can be viewed by the public.
If you do not want us to contact you, please use your allocated passowrd to change your permissions or lternatively contatc us at email@example.com with the word "Unsubscribe" in the title. You can change your contact details at any time by visiting the 'My Details' and 'Edit Details' section.
Do we ever pass your contact details on to other organisations or individuals?
- We may allow access to your personal information to our consultants, staff or third party providers if necessary to provide the Scheme or our services to you. If we do this, we will not give those individuals/organisations any rights to use your personal information (or contact you) except in accordance with our instructions
- We or the Website will pass your debit or credit card details directly to our payment partners if you make a donation to the Scheme by credit/debit card
- We allow our partner, Digital Information Giving Limited (DIG), to create anonymous aggregate data about donations to and fundraising for charities using your non-identifiable information. DIG will never pass or sell any information from which you can be contacted or identified to third parties unless you have expressly consented to this. We ensure DIG keeps your personal information secure.
- We may share or allow access to any information you have provided as part of your gift aid declaration(s) (your name, address, along with details of your tax status) to HMRC for the purpose of reclaiming gift aid on your donation(s) We will share or disclose your information if we are required to do so by any law or Court of competent jurisdiction
The only other circumstances under which we may share your personal information with third parties is where you have consented as follows:
- Where you have indicated when providing personal information to us via the Website (by not opting-out) that you are happy for a charity that you have identified when making a donation to contact you about its activities or fundraising, we may pass on any of the contact details you have provided to us free of charge to the charity. Once we pass your information on to the charity, we have no control over how it uses it, although we specify that they are not entitled to sell your contact details to third parties. If you have any complaint about how a charity has used your contact details or would like it to stop contacting you, please contact them directly.
- Where you have indicated when providing personal information to us via the Website (by not opting-out) that you are happy for other charities that are part of the Scheme to contact you about their activities or fundraising, we (or our agents/partners) may pass on or sell the contact details you have provided to us to other charities that are part of the Scheme. Once we pass your information on to these charities, we have no control over how they use it. If you have any complaint about how a charity has used your contact details or would like them to stop contacting you, please contact them directly.
- Where you have indicated by opting in when providing personal information to us via the Website that you are happy for us to pass or sell your contact details to any third parties, we may do so. Once we pass your information on to these third parties, we have no control over how they use it. If you have any complaint about how another organisation has used your contact details or would like them to stop contacting you, please contact them directly.
Your agreement to this Policy
By using our Website, donating to the Scheme or participating in any other way with the Scheme, you are agreeing to this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy, please cease using our Website or donating to/participating in the Scheme.
How do we keep your information secure?
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of personal information you give us.
The transfer of online transaction data to and from the Website is protected by our secure sockets layer protocol. We have a secure certificate that allows web browsers to check the security of our Website and to communicate with the Website in a secure way. This helps protect your personal information.
You agree to keep your password secure at all times and not share or allow any other person to use your password or account, to avoid unauthorised use . We strongly advise that you change your password regularly to protect your account.
Communications in connection with the Website and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information but where third parties are concerned, or we have passed your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy, we accept no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
We make no representations about any other Websites. When you access any other website through a link on our Website (including social media sites) you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over that website or the way your personal information is collected through those websites.
Those websites may have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to look at those policies or contact the website operators directly to understand how your personal information is used.
Please see our Cookies Policy.
Information about us
The National Funding Scheme is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered company no: 8223187) and a registered charity England (1149800) and Scotland (SC045106). Its registered office address is: 2-6 Cannon Street, London EC4M 6YH.
If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This Policy was last updated on 27th October 2014